Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Workignas a photographer for an "art director" class work

Working as a photographer for Ronald the Art director was not as easy as I thought. First of all, photographing is fun, but working as a professional photographer I can't say that having the art director looking over the should is fun. As a photographer, I should do my job as the photographer and not get influenced by the art director. With digital photography available everywhere, it is very easy to be tempted to show the instant results to the art director that appear on the camera. Although temptation exists, a photographer should not show the results and ask for criticism every single shot. The problem with showing every single attempt to the art director is that the photograph will never be perfect, and the photo shoot will take longer than expected. The art director is basically the client, and clients are never ever fully satisfied with a photograph that is shot for them and so the photographer will struggle by trying to achieve the ideal photograph. Other than having the 'client' present at the shoot, the job was not bad. Very interesting idea was presented to me by the art director and I had a great time putting my vision to work for the 'client'. It is great to be allowed the freedom to use my judgement as a photographer for a particular photograph, but like I mentioned earlier, when the 'client' is present, the freedom aspect of being a hired photographer disappears, so watch out for picky clients. Ronald as an art director was not the typical annoying client, and I had fun working with him and his idea.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Can you post several of the shots that you took and describe the process?